By: Travyan Suttle
This holiday season, the majority of Americans will indulge in delicious holiday themed foods that include Turkey, Ham, and other festive meals.
While consuming these holiday favorites, fans of these meals can also enjoy a cannabis version of mashed potatoes by following these easy steps.
Cannabis-Infused Mashed Potatoes (courtesy of Essence Cannabis Dispensary)
- 2 lb Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted regular butter, cubed, cold
- 3 tablespoons cannabutter, cubed, cold (more or less, depending on potency)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Black Pepper
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes
- Place potatoes into a large pot with cold water. Boil in high heat initially, then lower heat and simmer for 12 minutes.
- As the potatoes are simmering, add heavy cream, milk and garlic into a separate saucepan and simmer over a low heat. After simmering remove the saucepan from the heat and strain your cream mixture in order to remove the garlic.
- Mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
- Combine cubed butter, cubed cannabutter, and salt. Stir in ingredients to combine.
- Season with black pepper
- Serve and Enjoy